Hey guys, sorry for the slight delay this week — I’ve been a bit sick over the last few days but the cast is finally here, and it’s another treat. For this episode I had a chat with Matt Kelly from ZURB, the interaction design and strategy studio behind web apps like Notable and Verify. Matt and I discuss jQuery UI, the library ZURB uses extensively for their web apps.
- Design Festival Podcast #12: ZURB, jQuery UI, and Charlie The Unicorn (MP3, 47:17, 45.5 MB)
- Intro: Matt and ZURB
- What is jQuery UI?
- Matt’s talk from jQuery Boston
- Matt’s 4 Maxims: “do no harm, understand response times, communicate, and anticipation
- User feedback in applications — adding delays to interactions
- Pre-fetching data to improve responsiveness — inspiration from the Flash days?
- Projects being worked on: Bounce, Notable, Verify, and more…
- ZURB’s Playground — experiments and ideas
- Recommendations of the week
- Matt: GitHub’s new native official Mac client(!).
- Pascal: Nothing particular — I mention Zero Day again. Oh, actually, I’ve been listening to a new recent new psy album titled “900” by Brujo’s Bowl. You can preview the album online and download ektoplazm.com. (And it’s kindly licensed under a CC license.)
Audio TranscriptWorkin’ on it. Will be added soon.
Design Festival Podcast #12: ZURB, jQuery UI, and Charlie The Unicorn Reviewed by Aamir Pathan on 1:57 PM Rating: